Thursday, July 10, 2008

Arthritis and Calcium Absorption

One of the first topics I'm going to write about here is arthritis, because I have it and and I know a lot about it. The form I have is what they call a sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis, which means my physical symptoms are similar to rheumatoid arthritis, but my lab work shows zippo. On paper I am the healthiest person in Wisconsin. This type of arthritis is usually hereditary, so, thanks a lot Grandma! The good thing is that this type of arthritis does not usually result in the deformities that regular rheumatoid arthritis does, so I'm lucky there, at least.

Enough rant. I read an article entitled Why I Didn't Jump From the Empire State Building by Nancy Lake and thought the author's point on calcium absorption was quite interesting. I know I don't pay enough attention to my own calcium intake and I really should. Hope it gives everyone some ideas on diet and arthritis.

No comments: