Saturday, July 19, 2008

What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis

Here is the link to the next article in my arthritis series, What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have the seronegative form of this disease. What that means is that I spent a couple of years being jerked around by 6 doctors and paying for dozens of lab tests before I ended up with the right rheumatologist who knew what questions to ask. Even then, it took him a few visits to end up with the seronegative RA diagnosis. Now, every time I switch doctors (due to my wonderful health insurance), I have to tell this whole story over again. I know I have a good doctor when he (sorry, they've all been hes) checks my physical symptoms, medical records and past blood work and just takes my word for it! Sorry people, but in 15 years I've had 1 positive lab result and that was probably a fluke. Anyway, I'm going off again, so I'll stop now. Click on the link above to read the article.

No comments: