Saturday, August 2, 2008

What Is Spondyloarthropathy

My next article in my arthritis series, What Is Spondyloarthropathy, hits home for me a bit, as this is what I was first diagnosed with. After I finally landed myself in a competent rheumatologist's office, he really wasn't sure what my symptoms pointed to, so he told me I had this type of arthritis. He, of course, didn't tell me this right away. He just told me this was the type I had. Later, after a few visits, he started writing RA on my note sheets. When I questioned him about it, he explained that I had symptoms of both and, while I didn't have the factors in the blood work, my physical symptoms and family history indicated seronegative RA. I am sure I'm not the only one who has been through this scenario, so if anyone cares to comment, please do so.

No comments: